Tamassee’s Afterschool Program serves K–8th grade students from 3 to 6 PM on school days and from 7:30 AM to 6PM during school closures and holidays. Afterschool focuses on four components.
What We Do
Staff teachers and volunteer tutors help your child excel in their homework, plus offer extra support for areas of need. We use fun, evidence-based curriculum to ensure every student achieves grade level in reading and math.
Your child will grow in the values of good citizenship through individual achievements and team competition. Our team will guide and inspire all children to be proud young Americans and tomorrow’s leaders.
Your child will gain confidence through an array of enrichment activities—from arts and crafts to music, from STEM to health and wellness, from recreational sports to outdoor explorations, and more.
Life is full of challenges. Our team uses trauma-informed principles and practices to care for students and enhance their coping and resiliency skills.
2021 – 2022 School Year Successes
• 81% of students improved in reading.
• 84% of students improved in math.
• 90% of students improved in reading and math from 2020-2022.
• 78% of students completed 3+ citizenship projects in Tamassee Navigators.
• 100% of students participated in STEM activities.
Tamassee DAR School’s Afterschool and Summer Program follows the School District of Oconee County’s calendar. For the 2020—2021 school year, after school programming begins Monday, August 10, 2020. Our programs closes in observance of certain holidays.
Tamassee provides free transportation from the following schools to our campus:
• Tamassee Salem Elementary
• Keowee Elementary
• Walhalla Elementary
• Walhalla Middle School.
Tamassee DAR School charges the following fees.
• Afterschool: $50 a week for the first child; $45 for the second; $40 for each additional
• Full-Day: $30 (for school closures / holidays)
Need financial assistance? Ask about scholarships and payment plans.