At Tamassee DAR School it is all about the children and their families! We seek professional servant-minded people that desire to be a part of our child-centered and family-focused environment.
As a nationally accredited children and family service organization, we are committed to providing the highest quality of care possible for the children we serve. If you are interested in helping us create opportunities for children to be successful, valued, and respected—we need you to join our family!
Compensation is based on position and experience. Eligible employees are offered a benefits package that includes health insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and up to 12 paid holidays.
Join our Team! Should you see a position that you are interested in pursuing, please click on the application button and complete the employment application packet. Resumes are welcome but do not replace the application. Applications are required prior to scheduling an interview. Please send your completed packet to Jan Honeycutt in our Human Resources Office at email@example.com or by fax at 864.944.0097.
Tamassee DAR School
c/o Jan Honeycutt, Human Resources Officer
PO Box 8
Tamassee, SC 29686
SUPERVISOR: Chief Executive Officer CLASSIFICATION: Salary/Exempt
Position Summary: The Director will have administrative responsibility for all aspects of the Academy program consistent with state and federal laws as well as district policies including curriculum development, facility, technical and human resources management, revenue identification and budget management, and overall program integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains an educational atmosphere that provides an opportunity for all students to achieve to the optimum of their ability and all staff to function efficiently toward the fulfillment of that end.
- Responsible for all aspects of oversight and implementation of data driven initiatives related to the educational programs.
- Works with other school administrative personnel to ensure adequate funding to support the academy program including identification and implementation of grants, knowledge of, initiation, and ongoing engagement with applicable public funding opportunities including the SC Department of Education, etc., and development of relationships with other sponsors/donors that lead to financial support of the program.
- Works with other school administrative staff to develop, implement and monitor the departmental budgets for assigned departments.
- Implement and oversee curriculum for the Tamassee DAR School Academy Program inclusive of on-line education platforms, in-person teaching, and off-site classes as applicable to the program and the needs of students.
- Research new or existing programs and “best practices” in other local, state and national districts/schools and develop plans to either model and implement or suggest elimination from Academy offerings as appropriate. Submit New or updated curriculum to teachers for review (requesting additions or deletions). Finalize curriculum and present new curriculum for approval to applicable authorizing bodies.
- Be knowledgeable and adjust the curriculum accordingly in light of changing industry demands.
- Assess needs of teachers as to textbooks, electronic texts, and related instructional materials.
- Prepare information for reports to the Tamassee DAR School Board of Trustees when necessary.
- Facilitate teacher and other staff professional development in the area of career education.
- Remain knowledgeable of opportunities for career education at the high school level and career/postsecondary opportunities for students.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals to promote the goals of the program.
- Maintain relationship with public school-based curriculum specialists to align career and technical education plan with goals of the local school and/or the state department of education.
- Provides oversight and direction for marketing of program and recruitment and admission of students.
- Possess and maintain an educator’s license and administration/supervision certification credentials as defined by local and/or state requirements.
- Help meet the quality improvement efforts of Tamassee DAR School by supporting and encouraging a culture of excellence and continual improvement.
- Master’s degree in Education, Educational Administration, Public Administration or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in Education or Educational Administration.
- Three or more years of experience in workforce development/training.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws related to career and technical education, labor and industry.
- Experience with Program Management and Development.
- Experience with Student Management.
- Experience with Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment.
DEPARTMENT: Children & Family Services
REPORTS TO: Care Coordinator CLASSIFICATION: Hourly
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires intervention, imagination, originality, and talent that is very creative. Teaching parents will be met with a variety of challenges on a daily basis; the ability to think and move quickly is a must.
Teaching Parents must be at least 21 years of age with a high school diploma or a GED. A Bachelor’s degree, from a US Department of Education accredited college, is preferred but not required. Candidate must have an excellent driving record, and no criminal history. Experience is preferred but, not required.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include a professional, goal-oriented team approach to meeting the needs of children whose families are in crisis. This is a live-in position that requires daily attention to the emotional, educational, physical, social and spiritual needs of the children in care.
Teaching Parents are to be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Child Psychology and Development 6. Health Care & Hygiene
- Nurturing 7. Housekeeping
- Discipline and Behavioral Modification 8. Spirituality
- Organizational Skills 9. Interpersonal Skills
Responsible for participating in a professional and respectful manner as a member of the Tamassee Child Care Team.
To participate as a team members and execute the Comprehensive Care Plan involving each member and his/her role in a true professional manner.
Daily Living Skills: Cottage cleanliness, Campus cleanliness, Meals and snacks, Clothing
Spiritual Life, daily devotions while respecting the rights of children regarding spiritual life
Record Keeping including but not limited to:
Student Cottage File Folders
Weekly reports turned in to the Residential Manager
Quarterly Student Progress Reports
Maintain accurate fiscal records on Cottage Allowance Program (CAP) and submit monthly receipt copies to the appropriate department.
Log all long distance phone calls
Yearly cottage inventory
Keep file of weekly child care team meetings
To Communicate and coach effectively with the children in care to bring about a progressive pattern of behavior and responsibility. Personal dignity of the child and his/her family must never be violated by the teaching parent. The will be no slighting nor demeaning comments to or about a child or his/her family member is allowed. Following closely the guidelines, responsibilities and privileges established in the Student Management Program.
Meet with the relief worker before leaving and upon returning from time off to review student/cottage needs.
Responsible for Health care oversight including
Reporting medical/dental/mental health appointment needs of the children in care to the School Nurse.
Providing simple first aid when necessary
Contacting on-call in emergency situations
Documenting all health related incidents
Maintaining daily medication logs for each student that takes meds, to include non-prescription medication.
Responsible for Education oversight including
Supervising study hall
Checking homework, test grades, major projects
Asking for assistance in any academic area in which competency is lacking
Asking for teacher contact as needed
Helping students set academic goals
Consulting with support staff on students’ academic needs
Making use of mid-term progress reports and report cards to assess progress
Cooperating fully with Academy staff
Collecting report cards and mid-term progress reports to copy for office use
Responsible for intra-program expectations including
Being available for meeting and training sessions
Chaperoning activities as assigned and scheduled
Coordinating cottage activities when needed to keep Students active.
Attending monthly meetings for behavior management
Notifying the Child Care Administrative Assistant of any transportation needs of children
At all times serve as a positive representative of Tamassee DAR School
Promote a positive, encouraging atmosphere for parents and students
Honest and open communication
Accepting the family and child where they functionally are while serving as the catalyst for growth.
Provide a firm, respectful demeanor for all policies of Tamassee DAR School, politely insisting that children’s behavior, attitudes and general conduct be developing honest, caring , diligent traits at all times.
Serve as primary source for teaching and evaluating the basic life skills students learn and demonstrate. This must be accomplished both in theory as well as living the life that serves as model.
Other duties as assigned and expected by supervision and management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, or kneel. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the potential to encounter unpredictable and violent clients. The position has mostly an inside work environment and occasional outside work with exposure to weather conditions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Early Childhood Learning Teacher
DEPARTMENT: Early Childhood Learning
SUPERVISOR: Early Childhood Learning Director/Coordinator CLASSIFICATION: Hourly
Qualifications: Early Childhood Learning Teachers shall be at least 18 years of age. Teachers must have, or be actively working towards an Early Childhood Development Degree, Diploma or Certificate. They must have the ability to be assertive and the ability to plan and organize appropriate age related classroom activities with patience and flexibility. Have a love and understanding of young children.
Overview: We are looking for an Early Childhood Learning Teacher to encourage the healthy intellectual and psychological growth of the children in our facilities. You will teach and supervise them while also motivating them to use their mental capacities and exercise their imagination.
Work Schedule: Full-time (35 hours per week). Schedule to be determined by supervisor.
- Submit weekly lesson plans and activities to be approved by the ECL Director/Coordinator.
- Plan, prepare, organize and implement games, activities, and special events.
- Design and follow a full schedule of activities and discover suitable teaching material
- Use a wide range of teaching methods (stories, media, indoor or outdoor games, drawing etc) to enhance the child’s abilities.
- Attend mandatory training throughout the year as required by organization and licensing agencies. Twenty-six hours required annually.
- Observe children’s interactions and promote the spirit of concord.
- Assist with homework and evaluate children’s performance to make sure they are on the right learning track.
- Collaborate with other colleagues and supervision.
- Adhere with teaching standards and safety regulations as established by the official sources.
- Remain in constant communication with parents and update them on the progress of their children.
- Clean and organize room for the next day.
- Dress according to TDAR school dress code.
- Arrive at scheduled time and be prepared to work.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist ECL Director/Coordinator in any other areas as may be deemed necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and expected by supervision and management.
By my signature, I attest that I understand my job responsibilities and agree to perform my duties as presented in the above Job Description.
Employee Signature Date
Human Resource Witness Date
Summer Camp Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Children & Family Services
REPORTS TO: Lead Academy Teacher CLASSIFICATION: hourly (temporary)
REQUIREMENTS: He/she must have an excellent driving record, no criminal history, and be willing to submit to and pass a drug test. Candidate must have a personality conducive to dealing with children, adults, and DAR staff in a variety of unique situations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle sensitive information with the strictest of confidentiality. They must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience working with children in a camp or recreational setting is preferred.
HOURS: Monday through Thursday. There will be times when there will be job responsibilities that fall outside of the set work schedule to include some evening activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and facilitate fun, interactive and educational activities for students ranging from 6 to 18. Some of the activities include, but are not limited to: team-building activities, technology period, independent living skills, arts & crafts and healthy living.
- Supervise students and insure their safety and wellbeing.
- Plan and facilitate off-site field trips and drive students safely to their destination.
- Facilitate student activities in the evenings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
I acknowledge receipt of this job description from Tamassee DAR School. I agree that the job description and any amendments thereof, the Staff Manual and the employee agreement constitutes the agreement between me and the Tamassee DAR School with reference to my employment.
Employee Signature Date
Department Manager Signature Date