At Tamassee DAR School it is all about the children and their families! We seek professional servant-minded people that desire to be a part of our child-centered and family-focused environment.
As a nationally accredited children and family service organization, we are committed to providing the highest quality of care possible for the children we serve. If you are interested in helping us create opportunities for children to be successful, valued, and respected—we need you to join our family!
Compensation is based on position and experience. Eligible employees are offered a benefits package that includes health insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and up to 12 paid holidays.
Join our Team! Should you see a position that you are interested in pursuing, please click on the application button and complete the employment application packet. Resumes are welcome but do not replace the application. Applications are required prior to scheduling an interview. Please send your completed packet to Jan Honeycutt in our Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 864.944.0097.
Tamassee DAR School
c/o Jan Honeycutt, Human Resources Officer
PO Box 8
Tamassee, SC 29686
SUPERVISOR: Chief Programs Officer
Position Summary: This is a live-in position that requires daily attention to the emotional, educational, physical, social and Christian needs of the children in care. Work schedule is 4 days on and 3 days off depending on scheduling. Immediate openings are available and the position is full time.
Requirements: Applicant must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED or higher, excellent driving record, no criminal history and be able to pass a drug test. Experience is preferred, but not required. Responsibilities include a professional, goal-oriented team approach to meeting the needs of children whose families are in crisis.
Teaching Parent Sub
SUPERVISOR: Chief Programs Officer
Position Summary: This part time live-in position requires daily attention to the emotional, educational, physical, social and spiritual needs of the children in care. Candidate must be able to work flex hours and days depending on the needs of the organization.
Requirements: The Teaching Parent Sub must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma or GED. Candidate must have an excellent driving record and no criminal history. Experience is preferred, but not required.
DEPARTMENT: Children & Family Services
SUPERVISOR: LifeBridge Coordinator CLASSIFICATION: Salary-Exempt
Candidate should have a BA in Human Services or a similar field. He/She must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle sensitive information with the strictest of confidentiality. He/she must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong computer skills and report writing skills. Candidate must have a personality conducive to dealing with children, adults, and DAR staff in a variety of unique situations. Candidate must have the ability to turn in mandatory reports on time. Candidate must also be committed to developing and implementing a curriculum that will ensure success for each student as they become an adult.
Candidate must be able to reside in program housing, to be considered their full time residence. Candidates’ apartment would not be utilized in anyway by the program participants.
HOURS: 25 hours per week
LifeBridge clients are young adults (at least 18 years old and graduated from high school or have GED) that have participated in Tamassee’s residential program and have exited and are now beginning their careers or gaining training/education in their field. The clients have passed an application process admitting them into the LifeBridge apartments in Clemson. This position will provide support services to this population.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a personal, caring, and professional relationship with each student you serve as LifeBridge Mentor.
- Develop a Comprehensive Care Plan (CCP) for each assigned student; according to TDAR time frame.
* Identify individual strengths of each student, student needs, family needs, and goals for educational, behavioral and family success.
* Support student and family with implementation of CCP goals.
- Manage documentation requirements for each assigned student via software according to TDAR time frame to include but not limited to: education, behavior, family life, spiritual life, and independent living skills
- Provide activities and resources to support student success as determined via CCP.
* Ensure independent living skills are taught on a regular basis.
* Plan activities/outings.
* Submit an objective for the activity/outing, including funds needed, students attending.
- Follow all policies and procedures as established in the Tamassee DAR School Employee Handbook and Organizational Manuals.
- Ensure all students in the apartments comply with program expectations.
- Oversight of student apartment units with regard to safety, upkeep and general maintenance.
- Will be required to attend main campus trainings/meetings, CCP meetings for caseload, and possible activities.
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Food Services CLASSIFICATION: Hourly
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or the equivalent and one year experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide nutritious, tasty meals and quality food service in an atmosphere to cleanliness, cheerfulness, and personal caring.
WORK SCHEDULE: Work schedule will be flexible to meet the needs of the department as assigned by the supervisor.
Assist in the preparation and serving of daily menus and other special meals as assigned by the Manager of Food Services.
Responsible for the day to day cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance of unit as assigned by the Manager, as well as the safety of unit.
Responsible for maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene.
Responsible for the security of inventory and food services equipment.
Assist in training and supervision of food service work study students teaching responsibility and respect.
Perform other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
DEPARTMENT: Buildings & Grounds
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Hourly
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent general education degree (GED).
Must be able to pass a drug test.
No criminal history and must possess a clean driving record.
The work environment could include exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and
outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
SUMMARY: The goal of this job is to maintain all buildings and grounds owned by Tamassee DAR School, Inc.; assuring a safe and well maintained environment in which children and staff are able to work and live in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
WORK SCHEDULE: 25 hours per week. Must be willing and able to flex time according to the needs and schedules of the students.
- Assist with custodial work orders received from the administration office and Supervisor.
- Use approved methods and materials in cleaning and caring for buildings and cottages. Cleans furniture. Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to insure sanitary standards.
- General cleaning of furniture, windows, window sills, and walls. Dusting, sweeping and mopping.
- Ability to operate buffers, scrubbers, vacuum cleaners, and other equipment; ability to climb ladders, stretching and bending to perform cleaning, repairs, painting, and cleaning of roofs, gutters and drains;
- Empties trash and garbage containers. Remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Setting up and cleaning up after scheduled events.
- Notify supervisor when supplies are needed. Stocking and maintaining supply closet, restrooms, and janitorial supplies.
- Must have agility, dexterity and have the ability for long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Follow resident rights policies and facility safety program at all times.
1+ months custodial/ janitorial experience (school/group home cleaning preferred)
Ability to follow basic verbal and written instructions
Ability to work with minimal supervision
All other duties as required by supervisor.