Early Childhood Learning Fast Facts
- The Early Childhood Learning Center is owned and operated by Tamassee DAR School.
- Tamassee DAR School is a 501-c3 non-profit, non-denominational, Christ-Centered educational organization located in Oconee County, South Carolina.
- Tamassee DAR School and all of its programs are nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation and licensed by the Department of Social Services of South Carolina.
- Tamassee DAR School was recognized and a recipient of the Angel Award given by the South Carolina Secretary of State for excellence in financial stewardship.
- The Early Childhood Learning Center is an ABC Quality Center.
- Early Childhood Learning (ECL) is partnering with Palmetto HEALthie Start, on a community collaboration between Furman University, LiveWell Greenville, and Clemson SNAP-Ed, to improve the health and wellness of children and their families.
- Teaching curriculum beginning fall 2020 will be Teaching Strategies Gold.
Pennsylvania Children’s Center provides a safe, secure environment for children needing daily supplemental care. Within this environment, each child is urged to develop his or her own special abilities to their fullest potential.
Pennsylvania Children’s Center is committed to providing a high quality learning environment to children from three months to 5 years of age. We strive to provide this care in a safe, supportive, consistent and challenging manner. The high quality early learning environment benefits the children socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
Our play-based approach gives children an opportunity to daily explore their surroundings and learn through experiencing the world around them.
Today’s Early Childhood Learning Center was established in 1975. It was originally located in the lower level of the Missouri Groves Cottage on the Tamassee DAR School campus. As the community grew, the center outgrew its facility and in 1985 was relocated to its present location.
Recently, the inside and outside of the facility received extensive upgrades and renovations. Classrooms were remodeled, the kitchen and bath facilities were completely refinished, the lower level was totally renovated resulting in added space and additional classroom licensing. On the outside, the structure received new doors, sidewalks, cushioned playground area designated for toddlers, new shaded umbrellas and patio covering, and a newly sodded fenced-in playground for the older children.
The teachers in the Early Childhood Learning Center must have, or be actively working towards an Early Childhood Development Degree, Diploma or Certificate and passionate about what they do. From our infants through the preschool students, age appropriate activities are resources used to begin building the basis for a love of learning.
THE FUTURE – BEGINNING AUGUST 2020:
Today the Early Childhood Learning Center serve ages 3 months – 12 years. Beginning in August 2020, this will transition to serving little people 3 months – 5 years. This will allow our early childhood teachers to focus on the educational needs of this age group and create additional space to grow this enrollment to meet community needs.
Students grade kindergarten – 8th grade will qualify for enrollment in Tamassee DAR School’s afterschool program, which is being established to supplement academic opportunities for students in the community.
Whether it be in the Early Childhood Learning Center or the afterschool program, we are excited to welcome your children into the world of learning at Tamassee DAR School!